Location :Kenya Westcon Office
This course is designed for networking professionals to renew their understanding of DNS network systems and wide-area networks, master pre-installation information gathering, and apply this information to the process of installing a GTM System. Utilising both simulated installation activities and hands-on exercises, participants gain real-time experience setting up and configuring both primary and secondary GTM Systems, WAN systems, integrating multiple GTM Systems, and migrating DNS systems to a GTM.
Participants will also gain knowledge of the essential GTM management interfaces that assist network managers. In addition, this course covers configuring, monitoring and testing GTM Systems and networks, as well as dynamic and static load balancing, and GTM report screen.
Prerequisites & Audience
Participants should understand:
• Common Network terminology,
• TCP/IP Addressing and Routing,
• Internetworking concepts,
• Common elements of WAN and LAN environments,
• Data Center Server redundancy concepts.
• Basic PC operation and application skills, including operating a CD drive, keyboard, mouse and Windows OS, Basic Web Browser operation (Internet Explorer is used in class).
This course is intended for network operators, network administrators, network engineers, network architects, security administrators, and security architects responsible for installation, setup, configuration, and administration of the BIG-IP GTM system.
By the end of this course, the student should be able to perform an initial configuration using the Setup Utility and build many common configurations using the Graphical User Interface (browser-based). In addition, the student should be able to monitor and manage common tasks concerning traffic processed through the BIG-IP GTM system.
Topics covered in this course include:
• Installation and Licensing
• DNS Overview
• Accelerated DNS Resolutions
• Intelligent DNS Resolutions
• LDNS Probes and Metrics
• Load Balancing
• Monitors and Probes
• Configuration Files, Logs, and Notifications
• Advanced Topics - DNSSEC, iRules, Synchronization, DNS Integration, iHealth
• Configuration Project
302 GTM Specialist